Now, let me talk about the iPhone....
In a lot of ways, the iPhone truly is a revolutionary phone. It's freakin' sexy.... The navigation is amazing. And there are some pretty cool apps available for it. So when 3G version came out, I upgraded.
Or so I thought...
Because now after having the phone for a couple of months, I'm starting to wonder if this really was an "upgrade." Where do I begin? Hmmm.... Let's see. I'm going to bullet point this, which is something I only do when I can quickly rattle of more than three things. Which, in this case, isn't good.
- Network Switching - The phone does not effortlessly switch from 3G to Edge. In fact, if I'm on a phone call in 3G mode and the signal goes weak, instead of switching over to Edge - the call is dropped! So now, whenever I need to use the phone for talking, I have to go in and switch it off of 3G first.
- Crack - Which I think I need a little bit of right about now.... Ok, kidding. But the casing on the phone is starting to show little hairline cracks along the edges UNDER the glass. I'll try to post a photo to show you what I'm talking about.
- Battery Life - Complete Crap. (Even WITH 3G shut off...)
- Lag Time - When I click on my contacts......it shows the opening page, but then reacts SLOWLY. It just sits there. Same with a couple other programs.
(TIME OUT - ORCHARD PRAYER RHYTHM TWITTER TEXT JUST RECEIVED....BRB.)
Ok, that was good. Needed that! Ok, where was I??
- iPod spontaneaously turning on. Every once in a while, the iPod just starts playing. Which stinks when I'm in church or a meeting.
- Email issues. I have no idea why this is happening, but sometimes the only way I can get my email to download is if I restart my phone. Otherwise, it just sits there and acts like it's looking for emails, but doesn't do anything.
- Pagination for SMS. When I scroll to write someone an SMS, my phone doesn't paginate correctly. I have to RESTART the phone so that I can even get to the text box to type the SMS message.
Now, I know that I'm opening up a can of worms here - especially with all my Blackberry friends who are reading this and thinking to themselves, "HA! Scott! See, we were right!" Well let me just say that I've already instructed my assistant, Terri, who approves all of the comments on this blog to ignore all of your comments and to also add your personal email to the Florida Revival Email List. So please, don't even bother! :)
Secondly, if you know me, you know that I'm an optimist. I hate complainers. So....let me also mention that I have faith that Apple is going to fix this and make it right. And I will keep you posted as to how that goes. I'm taking my first step towards getting this worked out TODAY.
That's it for now.... I'll update the above list as I recall what else has been going wrong with the phone. I know there are others, but I really have to go now.